Malwarebytes Anti-Malware combines powerful new technologies built to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware infections.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an easy-to-use anti-malware application available in both a Free and Premium version. The Free version is well-known for its detection and removal capabilities, and the Premium version uses advanced protection technologies to proactively stop malware infections. Additionally, Malwarebytes offers a host of extra utilities as well as an approachable forum community to help you combat any piece of malware that exists in the wild.
- Scans may now be set to run as lower priority processes to improve multi-tasking under Advanced Settings
- Added support for keyboard navigation of user interface
- Added support for JAWS and Windows Narrator screenreaders
- Malwarebytes Chameleon enhanced to be more effective against active malware infections in getting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running
- Notification for outdated databases now configured to 7 days by default rather than 1 per user feedback
- All scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now create an entry in protection logs
- Failed update checks are now logged in protection logs
- Updating Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should now function even when the Scan tab is awaiting action from the user
- Support for scanning encrypted drives improved when rootkit scanning is enabled
- Google Chrome users should no longer experience Malwarebytes Anti-Malware getting stuck or hanging during heuristics scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Scans should no longer hang during filesystem objects scan on some systems
- Several crashes in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fixed
- Runtime errors during installation or upgrade of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer occur
- Rootkit scanning should no longer flag sectors on non-system volumes as forged when those volumes are encrypted
- Rootkit scanning should now work properly on Bitlocker encrypted drives
- Scanning TruCrypt encrypted system volumes with rootkit scanning disabled no longer results in the filesystem not being scanned
- Issue with repairing rootkit infected drivers on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 fixed
- BSOD when using Driver Verifier software on a system running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fixed
- BSOD when using Boxcryptor software fixed
- BSOD when using Malwarebytes Chameleon or self-protection in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware under certain conditions fixed
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer crash when using the "Copy to Clipboard" function under certain circumstances
- Dashboard banner text should now reflect language changes in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware instantly
- Several issues with tray notifications fixed
- Display problems with some languages fixed
- Malware Exclusions and Web Exclusions should no longer display duplicate entries following database updates
- Occasional crash of MBAMService when upgrading from version 1.75 of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer occur
- Several issues with the right-click "Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" function fixed
- Several problems with access policies fixed
- Several UI performance issues fixed
- Several UI and user experience enhancements implemented
- More than one Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tray icon should no longer be displayed on system start under some circumstances
- Issue with Malicious Website Protection not enabling after install under some circumstances on Windows Vista fixed
- Minor display issues with tables within the UI fixed
Reviewing 18.104.22.1682 (Oct 8, 2014)
I had ads popping up everywhere, had no idea what the hell was going on, or how it happened. Searched the web, found out about yet ANOTHER virus, and everyone recommended this. Used it, and it fixed the problem right away. Highly recommended.
Reviewing 22.214.171.1242 (Aug 26, 2014)
Reviewing 126.96.36.1992 (Aug 24, 2014)
Yet another great program shoots itself with an atrocious new UI that looks like it was designed by Fischer Price. Not only are there big bars telling me I'm not fully protected(when all I want to do is a simple scan) but it has headlines stream across the bottom bar of the program, and that's with a Pro license. It has also gone the Skype route in that the close button no longer closes the program but instead minimizes it to the tray.
Reviewing 188.8.131.522 (May 21, 2014)
Been with AMB for many years, bought license some years ago, one of the best purchases I have ever done.
The change from the old 1.xx to the new 2.xx was a smooth ride, not a single problem, even the change from old to new license-key was handled automatically, hands down still best.
For those who use the free version, do yourself a favor and go Premium, it's well worth the money.
this is one of the best anti spyware tools there is. i combine this with a couple of other tools but this one is definitely one of the most diligent monitors of incoming system activity!
While recently trying to download the latest printer driver for my mother's printer which i wanted to print a few items with from my laptop, i inadvertantly downloaded the hardware helper program, and after a scan, not only did it ask for $29.95 to fix several driver's that it said needed updates, but it has changed my access level internally. I am still listed as Administrator, but am unavailable to un-install this as i am prompted that I do not have administrator access. Also, There are several minor things that Kasdpersky found, that i also am not being allowed to correct for the same reason that I dio not have administrator access ... PLEASE HELP ! I run SpyBot Search and Destroy, which only finds cookies, and Malwareware Bytes ... PLEASE HELP I NEED THIS REMOVED, and Administrator access restored.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED !
THIS IS A GATEWAY- NV79 WITH THE i-3 PROCESSOR,
RUNNING WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, 64BIT, AND I-E8
@Sammo => you can post all FPs here =>
They will be fixed immediately !
The program is the best in its class !!! :)