Skype is software that enables the world's conversations. Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages and share files with other people. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you - on your mobile, computer or a TV with Skype on it. If you pay a little, you can do more – like call phones, access WiFi, send SMS and make group video calls. You can pay as you go or buy a subscription, whatever works for you. And in the world of business, this means you can bring your entire ecosystem of workers, partners and customers together to get things done.
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 (Dec 9, 2014)
Skype is dead. Much better alternatives can be found online.
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 (Nov 7, 2014)
well said Blaxima and thanks for the link https://vline.com/
a very nice web based video chat. I do like the video chat through my gmail and for the phone google circles lets you make calls and text free on the Android it works well, when you don't have cell service like me ... cheap :)
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Oct 30, 2014)
It would appear that each new version is just to plug up the ways people are trying to block the banner ads which appear in every window as well as video chats with a sprinkling of ui changes. This is not freeware anymore but but adware
I am removing this crap once and for all and will be encouraging everyone I know who use it to do the same. Well done M$
For IM I will just text with my phone or use email.
For video I'm going to give vLine a try, it's uses your browser instead of a client. https://vline.com/
and just to repeat the WARNING from my previous post
DO NOT LOG OUT OF SKYPE IF YOU ARE USING ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE LATEST VERSION. I did and now I can't log back in. I get a message instead that says "We've signed you out because you are using an outdated version of Skype, Download the latest version now"
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Oct 10, 2014)
Having same problem as Blaxima. Was dumb enough to upgrade to the new version. Now i Can't log in. I rarely use it, so I'll add this crap to the jump the shark software bin and remove it and say goodbye. I noticed Microsoft must of bought it out. Guess I haven't payed attention to that. Like the way AOL ruined Netscape and Winamp, you got another big company buying out a descent software and ruining it.
Maybe some people will ask: what is HD video and why it can be widely used?
High-definition video or HD video refers to any video system of higher resolution than standard-definition (SD) video, and most commonly involves display resolutions of 1280×720 pixels (720p) or 1920×1080 pixels (1080i/1080p).
Nowdays, HD is becoming more and more popular as the following reasons:
1.HD DVDS, together with equipment to play and record them, are available now, stimulating the public appetite for HD.
2.PC displays with HD quality potential are becoming widely used, which will acclimatise the public to HD.
3.Large flat LCD screen with HD resolution are becoming readily available at prices which the public seems prepares to pay, providing the means to view HD.
While, HD video also has some inconvenience to use, such as, we can’t edit them
in Windows Movie Maker or some other edit software; can’t put them into portable devices directly , like iPod, iPhone, Zune, Creative Zen and so on; can’t share videos with friends on youtube, myspace and other online video website. etc.
Here, I’ll introduce a wonferful tool to solve this problem.
Aiseesoft HD Converter has three uses:
Convert HD video to general video;
Convert general video to HD video;
Convert among HD videos.
So with it, you can enjoy HD video at will.
The following is a simple guide for you:
Step 0: Download, install and run Aiseesoft HD Video Converter.
Step 1: Load Video
Click “Add File” to load the video that you want
Step 2: Choose Your Output Profile and Settings
From “Profile” drop-down list you can choose your output profile according to your need.
You can also click “setteing”adjust the settings of your output video, such as “video/audio encoder”, “Video/audio Bitrate”, “Channels”, “Resolution” and so on..
Step 3: Video Editing
This powerful MTS Converter allows you to do many video editings.
1. Click "Effect" to make special effect for your movie.
You can adjust the “Brightness”, “Contrast”, “Saturation” and also you can use “deinterlacing” to improve you output effect.
“Trim” function allows you to pick up any part of your video to convert. You can just convert a part of your video that you want.
Cut off the black edges of the original movie video and watch in full screen on your iPod using the "Crop" function.
Step 4: Conversion
After you have done all the steps above you can click “Start” button to start your conversion.
Here i also recommend you guys a really nice TS Converter, which can convert TS file to all the popular standard video and to other HD video easily. It can also do many video editing works, such as trim, crop, merge and so on. It has super fast conversion speed and high output quality.
MTS Converter is also a really nice tool to convert MTS video file to enable you to edit in windows movie maker and other video editing software. And also allows you to upload your HD video to youtube.com to share with your friends. It can convert MTS file to iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, Creative Zen, Xbox video.
Skype for Windows 126.96.36.199 is not a beta version, it is the official version of Skype. Could you please correct this?
Full release notes for the 188.8.131.52 are:
* feature: Super Wideband Audio codec
* feature: MySpaceIM with Skype (functionality carried over from 3.8)
* feature: Option to disable uPnP and Nat-PMP
* feature: eBay browser highlighter bundled
* feature: Added Philips SPC 1330 NC as High Quality Video camera
* improvement: Instant Messaging layout improved
* bugfix: History did not show all entries
* bugfix: Outlook contacts were not always displayed correctly
* bugfix: Resize area was missing from Shop panel
* bugfix: Chrome could not be switched off in some scenarios
* bugfix: Skype Call and SMS URI did not focus Skype
* bugfix: Changing language settings on sign-in screen did not always update language
* bugfix: Links in form of username:password@something were not clickable
* bugfix: Crash in Vista, when last audio device was removed during a call
* bugfix: Quickfilter took focus while writing an instant message
* bugfix: Incorrect tooltip displayed when a call was put on hold
* bugfix: After switching Custom Chrome off through menus no visual style was selected in options
* bugfix: 'Add to contacts' right-click menu missing for Outlook contacts
* bugfix: Close menu did not work in Compact mode conversation window
* bugfix: Recently closed conversations menu did not truncate long conversation names
* bugfix: Wrong file transfer status was shown after other side cancelled sending file
* bugfix: US Number +15416 was shown as Canadian
* bugfix: Emoticons were not shown in profile area
* bugfix: Emoticons were not shown when exchanging contact details
* bugfix: Conference call sometimes continued ringing after answering
* bugfix: Checkbox to show online users count was missing from Tools > Options
* bugfix: Conversations were not consumed when user was blocked
* bugfix: Video error message was not displayed when webcam was in use by another application
* All language localizations updated