VirtuaWin is an Open Source, virtual desktop manager for Windows which can organize applications over several "virtual" desktops. For example if you use two virtual desktops you can put a Web browser on desk 1 and by using a desktop manager "switch away" the Web browser and it will seem like you have a new empty workspace (desk 2) to put another application/applications on. The program supports up to 20 desktops, configurable key/mouse control, user defined icons, modules for additional features, and much more.
- 3178720 Added dynamic taskbar support for Win7
- 3082777 Implemented boss & unboss key
- 3205756 Fixed activation of minimized window when not hiding them
- 3213525 Fixed title bar redraw issue caused by toggling TOOLWIN flag
- 3310612 Implemented own FindWindow and improved module start-up reliability
- 3242208 Changed action of Module Enable/Disable button to start module
- 3060975 Improved code getting a window icon, getting icon from app first
- 3364055 Updated hotkey list when setup is applied as changes may effect it
- 3376539 Handled explorer exiting so middle mouse button still works
- 3575279 Added message VW_INVERTY to return invert Up/Down setting
- 3481678 Added Reapply window rules hotkey and module interface
- 3304530 Added Automatically close window option to Window rule dialog
- 3082788 Fixed problem with middle clicking on opera tabs opening VW menu
- 3110164 Fixed problem with 'stickies' windows being automatically grouped
Reviewing 4.2 (Mar 29, 2012)
I like Dexpot better, if you are into this sort of stuff. But I agree with Aegis69, I don't get multiple desktops unless you require100% screen real estate 90% of the time or have a very tiny monitor. Just takes up CPU cycles and memory for no reason, seems to me....
Reviewing 4.2 Beta 1 (Dec 8, 2009)
I only installed this for the majic jack gui. It pops up whenever you make a call and at boot and when you get a call. In other words it won't go away. Now it does, as it resides open on a separate desktop at all times. I opted for three so that I actually have 2 available desks. Add the icons for the Transparent Numbers (3x3 dig is cool) and use a 3x1 tray. F6 for 'move to next'. It uses like 5MB with no plugins and virtually zero config.
MS's is nice but their tray icon is a lame box type.
There are also a few progs that when open are fs with no escape except to exit.
Reviewing 4.2 Beta 1 (Dec 7, 2009)
I just don't get multiple desktops, never have and I guess never will. I even shut off multiple desktops when I do fresh installs of Ubuntu. I can have 30 apps all minimized and I can get to them just fine without switching to another 'desktop'
Will someone Please explain to me why additional desktops are useful?
Reviewing 4.1 Beta 2 (Oct 8, 2008)
Nice. One of the best virtual desktop managers around. But I'd never use it. Interface is kind aclunky and akward.
I prefer Microsoft Desktops: http://technet.microsoft...internals/cc817881.aspx
Reviewing 4.1 Beta 1 (Jun 4, 2008)
Almost perfect now that is supports Taskbar shuffle!!
No comments yet