VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
- VMM: improved support for certain Intel Atom CPUs (bug #14773)
- VMM: system register emulation fix (5.0 regression; bug #14515)
- GUI: fixed immediate screenshot issue (bug #14108)
- GUI: fixed another 3D overlay window reparenting issue when the VM is switched to fullscreen mode on X11 hosts
- GUI: fixed help index (bug #14722)
- GUI: fixed state synchronization issue in the VM manager window when VM was paused from its runtime window
- Audio: fixed suspending/resuming audio streams on VM pause/unpause (bug #14784)
- Audio: properly reset AC97 audio streams, otherwise there is silence until a non-48 kHz stream is played
- Audio: fixed a small emulation quirk of the AD1980 codec of the HDA device to make recent linux guests work (bug #14653)
- USB: serveral fixes for the xHCI controller
- USB: fixed a crash under certain conditions on hosts with Linux kernels older than version 3.3
- USB: better identification of certain USB devices
- NAT: support TCP in DNS proxy (bug #14736)
- NAT Network: fixed sporadic crashes on Windows hosts (bug #13899)
- API: when creating differencing images (e.g. as part of a snapshot or cloning a VM) use the same disk image variant as the parent image if possible, which means that e.g. a diff image for a VMDK image split into 2 GB files will also be split (bug #14764)
- API: event queue handling fixes preventing loss of certain events at runtime (e.g. new webcam attached), particularly important on Mac OS X hosts
- Webcam: passthrough fix for certain devices (Windows hosts only)
- VBoxManage: don't crash on snapshot restorecurrent / edit if the VM has no snapshots
- VBoxManage: don't crash on controlvm addencpassword (bug #14729)
- Mac OS X hosts: use the correct kernel on certain hosts
- Windows hosts: fixed VRDP external authentication
- Windows hosts: allow to use a shared folder path with extended-length path prefix (5.0 regression; bug #14651)
- Windows hosts: fix a crash in the netfilter host driver under certain conditions (bug #14799)
- Windows host installer: documented and fixed public properties which can be used to control the installation to some extent
- Windows host installer: fixed not starting the actual installation when showing the version information or help dialogs
- X11 Additions: added basic support for X.Org Server 1.18 (3D requires additional fixes)
Reviewing 5.0.2-102096 (Aug 16, 2015)
Huge fan of VB. Been using it for years. Upgraded recently to Win10 and talk about headaches. Even the current version of VB (10.0.2) has issues so did what was recommended and stuck with the beta (5.0.1r102010) and it's pretty stable (VB doesn't crash Win10 anymore after waking Win10 from Hibernation or sleep; sound now works in guests as well which is cool too). I'll wait until the official release of one that states it's Win10 compatible before installling it. Still giving VB 5 stars; well deserved. Just grateful for the fixes that the VB team (and M$ too for that matter) has done to fix the issues that at least works for me now. :)
Reviewing 126.96.36.199271 RC2 (Jul 2, 2015)
Would be nice if they would fix the "known 3rd party issues" already.
Would love to be able to use again. Not giving up my Comodo and I need network bridging.
So this version gets a 0. Recommand old buids of you run any sort of security app.
Reviewing 188.8.131.52731 RC1 (Jun 7, 2015)
VMware is #1 this is #2
Reviewing 4.3.22-98236 (Feb 14, 2015)
Its the leader, does what it says and does it well.
Reviewing 4.3.18-96516 (Oct 13, 2014)
The guest additions work with Windows 10 in this version :)
No comments yet