AIMP Classic is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you'll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins. The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys. Besides playing music, AIMP Classic features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP Classic is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionalities.
- Tag editor: autonumeration - an ability to adjust format to XXX or XXX/XXX
- Skin Engine: memory consumption during skin loading has been reduced
- Skin Engine: memory consumption for skin has been reduced twice
- Fixed: Sound Engine - stuttering while playing files with bitrates more than 5 Mbps
- Fixed: Sound Engine - application hangs in some cases during process of adding or removing USB-sound card
- Fixed: Player - album arts not loaded in some cases if caching is switched off
- Fixed: Player - some files in AAC format cannot be played completely
- Fixed: playlist - newly created playlist is removed past the recycle bin when closing the tab
- Fixed: Tag Editor - default encoding detects incorrectly when loading CUE from an external file
- Fixed: Skin Engine - an error occurs on program startup under Windows XP
- Fixed: Skin Engine - desktop work area was not updated after minimize fixed window
Reviewing 3.60.1441 RC1 (Nov 14, 2014)
nice, 4 stars!
Reviewing 3.55.1355 (Jul 26, 2014)
The best of all, the ui rocks and it has everything that a great player should have (amazing sound, great equalizer, library, converter...), The only weakness is in the visualizations department, I miss milkdrop 2 a lot (there are plugins out there that allow run milkdrop in aimp but all are full of bugs, besides are not dockeable neither allows to run milkdrop at fullscreen in overlay mode).
Reviewing 3.55.1345 (Apr 24, 2014)
Reviewing 3.55.1338 (Feb 17, 2014)
not too shabby i must say
Reviewing 3.55.1320 (Nov 6, 2013)
It ain't Foobar2000 (NOTHING else is that versatile) but it's a very good player.
No comments yet