PowerArchiver 2013 is the latest version of the award winning compression utility. Brand new ZIP engine features multicore optimizations that lead up to 4x speed improvement compared to competitors and enable you to use full potential of your PC. New ZIP engine supports ZIPX archives (LZMA, PPMD, WavPacl, BZ2 format support) and makes PowerArchiver the only compression utility fully compatible with WinZip 12. Other ZIP/ZIPX related features include full Unicode support, AES support and unlimited file size/number support. RAR extraction has been optimized and is now up to 30% faster than other software.
PowerArchiver fully supports open source 7zip format which provides up to 50% stronger compression than zip, with some unique features available only in PowerArchiver such as optimized compression mode where best format is selected automatically. PowerArchiver supports following formats: ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, CAB, ACE, HA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64), ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO plus ISO, BIN, IMG and NRG disc image formats. If you want more formats, PowerArchiver has plugin system which can be used to add more formats support (msi, chm, etc).
Other notable features include fully integrated shell extensions, preview window where you can preview files, pictures, and archives without extracing them first and even, optional, modern ribbon interface. PowerArchiver fully supports Windows 7 with jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays, as well asother Windows operating systems from Win98 to Windows Vista.
Pro version of PowerArchiver adds even more features: Professional level backup utility that lets you backup your files to 3 destinations as well as ftp/email or burn to the disc, FTP client for easy transfer of files via FTP and integrated standalone Burner utility which lets you burn data CD/DVD/Blue-Ray discs, rip your discs to ISO images and even use Virtual DVD tool to mount ISO files.
- Updated PowerArchiver Cloud – Significant update to the core engine as well as the GUI of PowerArchiver Cloud application
- Windows XP security fix issue – One of the Microsoft Windows XP security fixes from December 10th 2013 prevented PowerArchiver from starting due to missing dependency (unusual and probably not intended from MS to break compatibility). This has been fixed
- Support for Ultra compression in Drag and Drop – Added support for Ultra compression strength in Drag and Drop window
- Updated Translations – Brand new Korean translation, as well as updated Hebrew and Simplified Chinese translations
- Improved format support – Improved format support for RAR, TAR, 7zip. Added support for IPK files
- Various other small improvements – Total of 25 improvements/bug fixes implemented since previous release
Reviewing 14.02.03 (Jan 8, 2014)
Hands down, the best there is.
Reviewing 14.00.17 Beta (Jul 6, 2013)
The software really needs to change their policy about requiring a new serial number for every major update. Its just a hassle to people who have paid for it.
Reviewing 14.00.16 Beta 1 (Jul 5, 2013)
Reviewing 13.03.01 (Feb 25, 2013)
Very good archiving program. I changed to PowerArchiver from WinZip Pro because WinZip charges user 10eur per year if you want to use latest version.
PowerArchiver provides lifetime upgrades but do not has 64 bit version.
Anyway, good work, keep it up!
Reviewing 13.01.04 Final (Sep 18, 2012)
Superb file archiver. Fast and supports tons of different formats.
Is there a change log?